About JF Moreno
Events & Awards
- 2023 – November 11-12, MAST 2023
- 2023 – November 3-4, Solo Exhibition, The Cove, McKinney, Texas
- 2023 – September 16, Love for Kids, Dallas, Texas
- 2023 – June 2-30 – Solo Exhibition, The Martin Place, McKinney, Texas
- 2023 – May 27 – Live Art to Live Music ’23, Tupps Brewery, McKinney, Texas
- 2023 – April 14-16 – Arts in Bloom, McKinney, Texas
- 2023 – April 1-23 – Unique by Nature Juried Art Show – Judge: Lynn Rushton
- 2022 – November 18-19 – Solo Exhibition, The Cove, McKinney, Texas
- 2022 – November 12-13 – Live painting at The Martin Place in McKinney, Texas
- 2022 – November 1-30 – Group Exhibition at The Martin Place in McKinney, Texas
- 2022 – October 28 – Red Carpet Event – Art Gallery Pure, The Shops at Willow Bend, Plano, Texas
- 2022 – July 15-17 – Art Santa Fe 2022, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- 2022 – June 1-30 – Group Exhibition, Blue House Too, Allen, Texas
- 2022 – May 18 – A Live Art to Live Music Event, The Cove, McKinney, Texas
- 2022 – April 2-23 – Unique by Nature Juried Art Show – Finalist – Jurors: Karl Buchberg, retired Senior Curator, MoMA, and J. Patrick Cooney, J. Patrick Cooney Fine Arts
- 2022 – April 2-23 – Unique by Nature Juried Art Show – Award for Outstanding Use of Quiet and Mood – Judge: Lynn Rushton
- 2022 – April 1-30 – Radiate Art Exhibition – Intuition Gallery at Lewisville Grand Theater
- 2021 – November 5-6 – Solo Exhibition, The Cove, McKinney, Texas
- 2021 – October 21-24 – The Other Art Fair, Dallas
- 2021 – May 25-30 – Virtual Exhibition – The Other Art Fair, Dallas
- 2021 – May – The Other Art Fair, Dallas – Postponed due to COVID 19
- 2020 – October – The Other Art Fair, Dallas – Postponed due to COVID 19
- 2020- May – The Other Art Fair, Dallas – Postponed due to COVID 19
- 2019 – All events cancelled due to terminal illness of a family member.
- 2018 – November 30 – December 1- Solo Exhibition, The Cove, McKinney, Texas
- 2018 – April 13-15 – Arts in Bloom, McKinney, Texas, McKinney Arts tent
- 2018 – March 3 – Private showing at the residence of Dr. and Mrs. Tony Das
- 2018 – February 27 – Speaker, “The Importance of Branding”, Microsoft at Stonebriar in Frisco, Texas
- 2018 – January 12-13 – Solo Exhibition, The Cove, McKinney, Texas
- 2017 – August 25 – Solo Exhibition, Sparrows Art Gallery, Denison, Texas
- 2017 – August 21 – Presentation at Sherman Art League
- 2016 – May 3 – Keynote Speaker, Small Business Presentation, Microsoft at Stonebriar Centre, Frisco, Texas
- 2015 – Best of show, Hagerman Wildlife Refuge, Photography Contest
- 2014 – Best of show, Hagerman Wildlife Refuge, Photography Contest
- The Cove, Cooperative Venue for Creatives, McKinney
- Plano Art Association
- Visual Art League of Lewisville
- Visual Arts League of Allen
- Visual Arts Guild of Frisco
- Hagerman Wildlife Refuge, Board of Directors, Photography Club Chair, 2016-2017
JF Moreno, Artist
Born in Madrid, Spain, JF Moreno was exposed to the artwork of the masters, Velazquez, Goya, Sorolla, Picasso, Dali, and Miro, at a young age, which left a lasting impression on him. These influences lead him to explore a career as an artist, illustrator, and photographer.
With an attention to detail and strong knowledge of color theory, Moreno produces works that echo the timeless beauty of the masters while also creating contemporary work that collectors bond to in a deeply emotional way. “I paint each piece for myself. The places I see in my mind and wish I could visit in person,” Moreno says. “Each painting I create holds a place in my heart, and at times it is hard to give them up. Only by hearing my collectors tell me of their feelings for the painting does separating from my painting seem easier.”
Art is a form of communication, but it is not only designed to communicate to others, it is a deeply personal form of self-communication. “Sometimes, we artists find ourselves painting our innermost thoughts and fears without ever intending to do so,” says Moreno.
Moreno believes that the ability to express deep, often subconscious, emotions with a painting medium and tools can be both a blessing and a curse. This passion to express one’s feelings and perceptions is the artist’s deep force of motivation and inspiration, yet it still requires nurturing, patience, evolvement, and the need to transcend the ebbs and flows of daily life.
Predominately a self-taught artist, Moreno’s work is traditional, abstract, and sometimes surreal. He uses a variety of mediums and is constantly exploring and experimenting with his work. Currently, the artist works in oil on large canvases producing abstract and surreal pieces that evoke an otherworldly sense of place. “I hang my work in my home surrounding myself with these places that only exist in my imagination,” Moreno says.
Moreno accepts private commissions and enjoys the challenge of creating a work that visualizes the thoughts and ideas of his patrons.
There are artists who have produced one good work; some are good enough you might want two – we have more than half a dozen of Jesus’ originals at focal points around our house and I suspect that number is going to keep growing.
Leaving aside the excellency of his artwork which you can see for yourself on his website it is also worth mentioning that Jesus is a honest, fair and attentive supplier. We have bought originals, prints and even commissioned artwork from him and we always enjoy the process and get the distinct impression that Jesus wants us to enjoy it.
– David Bayliss – Florida, U.S.A
“I am so happy with my paintings. Everyone who sees them say they have the Wow factor. When I had them framed the team who framed them said its the best original painter they had seen in a long time. They said they usually frame copies. So refreshing to see such AMAZING original work. We love your work Jesús!!”
– Karyn Sivyer - Wales, U.K.